1. Global water use has quadrupled in the past century and it is not getting better.
2. Most of the world’s major river basins face high stress levels.
3. Americans use the most water per person. What happens when more nations become more developed and have a greater demand?
4. In terms of net water consumption, Europe imports hundreds of BILLIONS of cubic meters of water per year.
5. China’s demand for water will exceed supply in just twenty years. In fact, most of China currently has less water than the Middle East.
6. 40% of the children in Africa and India have stunted growth due to unclean water and malnutrition.
7. India will run out of water by the year 2050.
8. The Arab World is already depleting non-renewable water aquifers.
9 Water World Wars could be not too off in the future. Ground Zero for such a conflict most likely will start in the Bangladesh, India, Indochina and Pakistan area.
10. All the while, Climate Change will increase the severity of drought and affect the supply of renewable water.